EDIT You should not really attempt to join 1.7.2 now, there are a lot of issues. I am monitoring the IRC and most people have problems. Apparently “Missing items relate to an overzealous disabling of config values” is causing people to lose ALL their items if they put on ghillies or cammo skins. Don’t risk it right now. Also Some guns are missing including the L85. At first it was not known if this was intentional, but I think Rocket made a mistake. As he should, alpha is the phase to do wild changes and see what happens. We are all just testers here, don’t forget it.
The first or second large update since DayZ really went viral is finally out. Expect new bugs, hive crashes, missing items, etc. There is a rumour that the L85 has been removed, but I haven’t seen confirmation if that is intentional or a bug.
Jumping in to the latest patch is a lot of fun but remember: there will be hiccups (and BLOOD). If you update your game right now you might not be able to get on to your favorite server, or any server for that matter. It takes a while for the server providers to roll the links to the server admins, and then the individual admins have to update. It takes time. Plus hot fixes will be incoming.
I personally am going to wait a while till I update. Some of the past hotfixes have been really horrendus such as no food/drink or no bandages spawning. Just beware.
Click below for full links and info.
Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update
https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayzPlease make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.Torrent File (Full Install)
Use Beta patch 94444 or above
Download from http://www.dayzmod.com/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_94444.zip if having trouble with BI site due to demand (thanks Vipeax!)
UPDATE : 9 JULY 2012
* dayz_code 1.7.2
* dayz 1.3.1
* dayz_equip 1.3.4
* dayz_anim 0.3
* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)
* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)
* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)
* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)
* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)
* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)
* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)
* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue
* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state
* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog
* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)
* [FIXED] Use of “allMissionObjects” causing performance issue on clients (new engine command “entities” used to improve FPS on clients)
* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)
* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)
* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation
* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )
* [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )
* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )
* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )
* [FIXED] Dead bodies still have the heart beat for low humanity ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35050 )
* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated
* [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)
* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)